Covid-19 Funder Resources
Here you can find resources related to civil society and Covid-19, which are likely to be helpful to funders and philanthropists considering the ways they can allocate their resources for maximum impact.
Please share with us any resources you think would be helpful to include in this list by emailing Policy@acf.org.uk.
Funding data related to COVID-19
- 360 Giving's Covid-19 Grants Tracker, with more than 21,000 Covid-19 related grants totalling £350m
- NPC's Covid-19 Data Dashboard, using data from Turn2Us and Buttle UK
- Covid-19 Funder Database of emergency response funds from Charity Excellence
Resources related to effective funder collaboration
- Funder collaboration: Key ingredients and ones to avoid, 17 November 2020 webinar, Hub
- Funding Practices: The Pillars of Stronger Foundation Practice (2020), ACF
- The Power of People, Partnerships and Place - Lessons from Six Years of London’s Giving (2020), London Funders
- Collaborating for a cause: How cause-related networks multiply the impact of philanthropy (2020), NPC
- The possible, not the perfect: Learning from funder responses to emergencies (2018), London Funders and IVAR
- Working in Place: Collaborative funding in practice: Learning from five case studies (2017) IVAR
- Funder Collaboration: Is it worth it?: The Child Sexual Exploitation Funders’ Alliance (2016), IVAR
Covid-19 resources for foundations from the Association of Charitable Foundations
- Trust and Foundation News July 2020: The latest issue of ACF's Trust & Foundation News focused on reflections and responses to Covid-19, featuring interviews with members and thoughts on how specific issues are being impacted
- Reflections on three Covid-19 funder collaborations in Scotland
- “Covid-19 and racial disparity: A time for urgent action” - reflections from Derek Bardowell
- Foundations, Covid-19 and racial disparity: A time for urgent action
- Enabling collaboration between funders in response to the covid-19 pandemic
- Covid-19: Results of ACF's survey on foundations' responses
- Covid-19: Foundations must play our part
- Five key ways foundations are responding to the Covid-19 outbreak
- The crisis in charities, and the response (including early results from a survey of ACF members)
- Responding to the coronavirus crisis: Lessons from ACF's Stronger Foundations initiative (published in Alliance)
- Stronger Foundations? The response to the Covid-19 crisis
- Foundations and coronavirus: three considerations
Supporting civil society in a Covid-19 context
- London Funders' Covid-19 Resources Hub, which collates lots of evidence and reports on needs and how funders are responding
- More than 400 funders have signed Covid-19 Funder Statement and commitment coordinated by London Funders to supporting civil society (open to funders everywhere).
- IVAR is publishing regular briefings for funders sharing thoughts and issues from voluntary sector leaders
- Lloyds Bank Foundation for England and Wales has published a summary of charities' responses to covid-19
- NPC has produced a guide on how it thinks philanthropists should respond.
- This podcast from CAF discusses some of the issues facing civil society and the philanthropic response.